Shop Local Holiday Contest
Holiday shoppers who infiltrate North Tahoe and Truckee businesses between Black Friday and Christmas Eve will be entered to win a seven-night vacation accommodation package or a cash prize in a contest. Show your love, shop local!
Shoppers can enter the Shop Local Holiday Contest by picking up a contest card at participating retailers in Tahoe City, West Shore, Kings Beach, Northstar, Squaw Valley, Incline Village and Truckee. Make a purchase at a participating retailer and get a sticker for every $25 spent. Shoppers with 12 stickers will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a North Lake Tahoe Staycation including lodging, dining and activity/activities valued at over $2000. Shoppers with four stickers will be entered into a drawing for a $500 cash prize.
The contest was designed to support local businesses, reduce the carbon footprint of locals traveling outside of their community to shop, and protect the region’s local character. Money spent at local businesses recirculates through wages and taxes, benefiting the economic health of the entire community and supporting unique local businesses.
The contest begins on Nov 24th and runs through Dec 24th. Contestants have until Jan 4th to submit their cards for entry into the drawing. The winners will be chosen on Jan 11th.REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS
Enter the Contest
Win prizes while keeping your shopping dollars local!
- Pick up a contest card at a participating business.
- Receive one sticker for every $25 you spend at participating businesses
- Collect at least 4 stickers and enter your card in to win a prize at any of the participating businesses.
- Enter as many times as you want! Drop-off or mail-in cards by Jan. 4, 2018
4 stickers (spend $100): Enters you in for a chance to win $500 CASH
12 stickers (spend $300): Enters you in for a chance to win a North Lake Tahoe Staycation including lodging, dining and activity/activities valued at over $2000!
Drop Off Locations
Incline Village | Incline Village Visitor Center
Kings Beach | North Tahoe Business Association
Tahoe City | North Lake Tahoe Visitor Center
Truckee | Truckee CA Welcome Center/Train Depot
Northstar | True North in the Village at Northstar
Squaw Valley | The Village at Squaw Valley Lodging Check-In
Mail To | PO Box 5459, Tahoe City, CA 96145
- Sweepstakes Period: November 24, 2017 through December 24, 2017. Sweepstakes Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the contest at any time.
- Sweepstakes Sponsors: North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association, North Tahoe Business Association, Tahoe City Downtown Association, Squaw Valley Neighborhood Corporation, Squaw Village Neighborhood Company, Incline Village Community Business Association, Northstar Association, Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce, Truckee Downtown Merchants Association and Town of Truckee. Contact Information: PO Box 5459, Tahoe City, CA 96145 530-581-6900, Dawn@gotahoenorth.com
- Prizes: See above for complete list of prizes and values. All prizes are awarded “as is” and have no monetary value. Odds depend on number of eligible entries received.
- Drawing: Drawing will be held 1/11/2018 on shopnorthtahoetruckee.com. List of winners may be obtained by writing to PO Box 5459, Tahoe City, CA 96145, 530-581-6900, Dawn@gotahoenorth.com
- Prizes can be claimed for up to 60 days after notification is sent.
- Entry: Receive (1) sticker on entry card for each $25 spent at participating retailers. When (4) stickers are collected on an entry card, card is eligible to win. Multiple entries allowed. Contest cards must be turned into drop-off locations or mailed by 1/4/2018 to be eligible. *No purchase necessary: Receive (1) entry by sending a handwritten note card with Name, Phone, Zip Code and Email to PO Box 5459, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
- Eligibility: Limited to residents of the U.S. excluding Residents of Florida and New York; employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates of all participating retailers & organizers, sponsors, their immediate families, and household members.
- Taxes & Fees: All local, state, federal and other taxes, duties, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Liability: All entrants and winners agree that the Sponsors and their affiliates shall have no liability and shall be held blameless for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning or losing any contest by use or non-use of any prizes received.
- Use of likeness: All entrants and winners agree that the Sponsors may publish or use their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their voice recorded or live, for any reason Sponsors deem necessary without compensation.
Sweepstakes Period: November 24, 2017 through December 24, 2017. Drawing: Drawing will be held on 1/11/2018. Entry: Receive (1) sticker on entry card for each $25 spent at participating retailers. When (4) stickers are collected on entry card, card is eligible to win. Multiple entries allowed. Contest Cards must be turned in to drop off locations or mailed by 1/4/2018. *No Purchase Necessary: Receive (1) entry by sending a handwritten note card with Name, Phone, Zip Code and Emil to PO Box 5459, Tahoe City, CA 96145. Eligibility: Limited to residents of the U.S. excluding Residents of Florida and New York; employees and affiliates of all participating retailers and organizers. Void where prohibited by law. Must be age 18+ to enter. For complete rules and details: ShopNorthTahoeTruckee.com.